Thursday 7 June 2012

week 2 homework-winnie wong wei ni

Winnie Wong Wei Ni 1101745

History

The word history is derived from the Greek word which means knowledge acquired investigation is the discovery, collection, organization and presentation of information about the past. History cal also means the period of time after writing was invented. History was known as "story" in middle English and the restriction to the meaning "record of past event" has arisen in the late 15th century. 

Art

Art can be defined as the use of the imagination to express ideas or feelings in painting, drawing and etc. The work of art always can tell a story to the people. Art is something that stimulates an individual's thought, emotions, beliefs or ideas through the sense.

Design

Design defined as a noun informally refers to a plan for the construction of an objector or a system, while to defined as a verb, it refers to making the plan. Design is a specification of an object and is intended to accomplish a goal in a particular environment.

1. What do you want from this course?
- I want the knowledge from this course. Since we don't have many chances to heading to some of the art gallery or get to know some of the famous art works in the world, through this subject we get to know it and in time we practice the manual skill in drawing from the famous artists in that time. 

2. What do you want to be doing in 5 years?
- My dream is actually very easily to achieve, its only that I want to learn it before I get to that particular area. Before 5 years, after my degree I hope I can go Singapore or other country to learn about the wedding planner course, so that I can use the skill I learn in degree and bring it to the wedding planner field and create a brand new way to have a wedding.

2.1 10 years
-Before 10 years, I hope I have my own wedding gallery somewhere else, depends on the market and help people in their wedding, seeing the couples complete one of their life courses. Of course, I wish to have some new concepts and ideas before I have my own gallery to differentiate myself from the crowd. 

2.2 20 years
-Well, I never think of to be a graphic designer or multimedia designer, I'm only here to gain the knowledge on how to draw, how to come out a brand new and unique ideas and designs, how to have a good photography skills. After 20 years, if I already have my own wedding gallery before 10 years, I think I will get married before that to enjoy my precious family moments. I have been think of this since I get into foundation in UTAR, and i wish if possible, I want to make my dream come true in the next 5 years..and enjoy my life in the next 10 years, 20 years and the years onward. 

3. What do you hope to get from this particular class? 
- I hope to get to know more art works that I never see and if there possible, a trip to some places to see the art work face to face. Well, learn from the eyes is always better than learn from the books and ears. 

4. Is the History of Art and Design necessary of you think for your larger goals?
-This course not really help much in order to make my dream come true but this is one of the ingredients if I want to move forward to know more design, it is because we have to know what happened in history only that we can avoid or change in the future..and learn more is always right.

5. Image of the most beautiful thing to me
The picture is one of my collection in the wedding photo taking concept that I prefer. I like the way the photographer took this.  It makes the wedding picture looks cute and is different from the wedding picture we saw usually. 












Image of the most ugly thing to me       
This blank black image is the most ugly image that i ever seen. Without colour it is nothing, it represent the evil and loneliness, miserable and like a life without story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment