Friday 3 August 2012

Vitruvian Man_CHIA ZHEN YAN 1002831

Chia Zhen Yan 1002831
Vitruvian Man
This artwork is done by leonardo da  Vinci in circa 1487. The artwork now stored at Gallerie dell'Accademia in Venice, Italy.

Human proportions described by the artist with using circle and square.  The belongs to God and square means dependable.

In my opinion, the artworks meaning describe by the text which can see in the original artwork. According to the research, the text said that the human body are distributed by nature so on. All this describing the understanding of proportion. For the example, "the length of a man's outspread arms is equal to his height.' As we know the Leonardo daVinci is well in multiple fields. I am very admire his ability. I can see he did combine maths, science into the artwork. As now I just a graphic designer, I never think that I want to use math and science or others to create artwork. However, I inspired by Leodarno Da Vinci and I said that I want to explore more like him.

I am interest on Leonardo da Vinci Artwork so I did some others sketches. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the whole page of your work and the composition you are creating by putting all the drawings in. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete