Friday 3 August 2012

burlington house holy family_CHIA ZHEN YAN 1002831

CHIA ZHEN YAN 1002831

Leonardo da Vinci, "Burlington House" Holy Family, c1505-07

Not much research I see in the internet. So I write some opinions.

I not fell very comfortable for me in this paintings. Especially the second girl and fourth baby from your left hand side. In the original artwork, I see their face have a cold color that apply by the artist. I think this is the reason why I feel not comfortable. 

A question that I doubt is the title is Burlington House but why the artist din't draw house. Or maybe this just a sketch. That is pretty nice holy family and I answer for their interaction is, the first and second baby is good but the second and fourth is something wrong. The first lady looks kindly. The second lady she is pointing her  left hand to top and her eyes is look at the first lady. As I see the two baby hug the second lady, I assume the first lady want baby but the second lady point her hand to top, she seem like means somethings.

Anyway, I hope my opinion din't insult anybody and I apologize if I did wrongly.



1 comment:

  1. This difference in the attitude of the two women may have had to do with Leonardo's childhood and the loss of his mother. Notice that your tonality is all at one level. Try to develop the darks to real blackness, and then scale to the whites. Talk to me if you have questions. Thank you . You have tried to capture the tonality.

    ReplyDelete